Wednesday 30 January 2019

Dreaming of Tuscany by T.A. Williams


Dreaming of Tuscany
T.A. Williams
Rating: 5 stars

The glamour of Hollywood. The magic of the Tuscan countryside. One big decision...

Beatrice Kingdom (Bee to her friends) wakes up in hospital in Tuscany. After an accident on a film set leaves her burned and scarred, she feels her whole life has been turned upside down.

Bee is offered the chance of recuperating in a stunning Tuscan villa in the company of a world-famous film star, the irascible Mimi Robertson. Here amid the vines and olive groves, Bee quickly finds there's more to the place than meets the eye, not least a certain Luca (and Romeo the dog).

As she comes to terms with her injuries and her new life takes shape, Bee will have to travel a road of self-discovery. . . and make a huge decision.

A joyous, funny and moving tale, Dreaming of Tuscany is a triumph, perfect for fans of Holly Martin, Tilly Tennant, and Jenny Oliver.

----------------------------------

I can't tell you how much I absolutely fell in love with this book. It was heartwarming, an easy and very enjoyable read. I fell for the cover as soon as I saw it, the picture even looks hot! I love the beautiful flowers, the villa in the background and of course the really cute labrador at the front of the cover. This cover screams summer and will instantly make you want to go on holiday. I absolutely adore it.

For the story, I really loved it. And I mean, really, really loved it. I really enjoyed Bee's character, she seemed sensible but very easy to relate to and I adored her relationship with the famous Mimi by the end of the novel. Another character I found myself warming too was the brilliant Riccardo, I really felt for him - he had been through so much in his life and I was happy with how his life turned out in the end. And of course, I loved Luke (or Luca) and his dog Romeo (who was possibly my favourite character ever), every character was just lovely and I very much enjoyed reading about their blossoming relationships.

The storyline was fantastic, Bee woke up in an Italian hospital after she was involved in an accident on the film set she was working on, as compensation the company invited her to spend a few months recuperating in a beautiful Tuscan villa in the middle of nowhere. Bee automatically falls in love with the place and the people who love there, and with one more than the others - Luke the estate manager. As the days get hotter, Bee realises that she doesn't want to get into any sort of relationship, leaving her heart breaking at the prospect of leaving Luke in Italy.

The storyline gets better and better as the pages go on, and whilst nothing huge nor significant happens, it's still just a beautifully written novel and I absolutely loved every minute of it. Thank you to Netgalley for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment