Wednesday 24 October 2018

The Little Book Cafe: Amy's Story by Georgia Hill


The Little Book Cafe: Amy's Story
Georgia Hill
Rating: 4 stars

Escape to the seaside for a new three-part series for fans of The Canal Boat Cafe and Willow Cottage.

Amy, the manager of The Little Book Cafe, is a hopeless romantic who had her heart broken, but quietly refuses to give up on love.

With her friends Tash and Emma, not to mention their shared love of books and delicious cake from the cafe next door, Amy might just find the courage to fall for a real life romance this time...

Amy's story is the final instalment of The Little Book Cafe series so wrap up warm this Autumn and treasure this wonderful book.

------------------------------

I was so looking forward to diving into Amy's story and I can honestly say that it certainly didn't disappoint. We'd seen a little bit about her in the previous two novella's and was excited to read more about her. I must say that this cover is just absolutely delightful. I adore the burnt orange colours, it just screams autumn! I love the big pumpkins, the cute little cupcake and of course the pile of books in the centre of the cover! The colourful leaves around the outside just completes the cover for me.

Onto Amy's story. I really felt for Amy throughout this novel. Her mother treated her awfully and she just wants to catch a break. I will say, I feel like theres a huge focus on weight in this book and I really don't feel like it was necessary. I couldn't believe it when friend Emma said 'Yes, you've got some weight to lose' and Amy's mum saying she'll never find someone who will love her and being shocked at Amy's size. I just felt it was all a bit over the top and as the story went on it got a bit annoying.

One thing I liked about this, was that the women all came together in the end. In the first novella, Tash and Amy didn't see eye to eye, and now in this one they are rooting for each other. It was nice to see. It was also nice to see that Amy and her mum finally sorted things out and that they were going to be more positive to one another. I did enjoy the descriptions of the hot chocolates, the parties. Everything was described so beautifully and it was such an easy read. It took me a few days to read it (but that's because I'm such a slow reader!), you could easily sit down and read this in a few hours.

I'm sad that this is the final one in the series, it was so nice being back in Berecombe and I loved reading about some much-loved characters again. I wished there was another Christmas one! Thank you to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a lovely wee read :) The cover is so autumnal!
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk

    ReplyDelete