Thursday 1 March 2018

The House of Hopes and Dreams by Trisha Ashley


The House of Hopes and Dreams
Trisha Ashley
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (K £5.99 / P £7.99)

When Carey Revell unexpectedly becomes the heir to Mossby, his family's ancestral home, it's rather a mixed blessing. The house is large but rundown and comes with a pair of resentful relatives who can't be asked to leave.

Still, newly dumped by his girlfriend and also from his job as a TV interior designer, Carey needs somewhere to lick his wounds. And Mossby would be perfect for a renovation show. He already knows someone who could restore the stained glass windows in the older part of the house...

Angel Arrowsmith has spent the last ten years happily working and living with her artist mentor and partner. But suddenly bereaved, she finds herself heartbroken, without a home or a livelihood. Life will never be the same again - until old friend Carey Revell comes to the rescue.

They move in to Mossby with high hopes. But the house has a secret at its heart: an old legend concerning one of the famous windows. Will all their dreams for happiness be shattered? Or can Carey and Angel find a way to make this house a home?

------------------------------------------------

Now I've read a book by Trisha Ashley, I was so excited to read another one! The cover of this one in particular drew me in instantly and I thought it was absolutely stunning. The house in the background is beautiful and I adore the greenery all around the house with the flowers on either side.

From the start I was sucked in to the story and I really enjoyed getting to know the characters. The story follows Angel, who is a stained glass window designer/restorer and Carey who has recently inherited a house from his uncle unexpectedly! The two were inseparable when they were younger, but things fell apart when Angel met her husband and moved away with him. Now that her husband had unfortunately passed away, she is single again and is looking for work after learning that her future seems uncertain.

Luckily, Carey is looking for someone who help restore Mossby back to it's former beauty and calls upon Angel to help him. As well as Angel, Carey asks a number of other friends, neighbours and others to help him get the house back in shape and along the way we see Angel and Carey slowly getting back to the way things were before Angel moved away. I found the story to be heartwarming and engaging and I couldn't wait to read on and to see how it all worked out for the characters.

The characters themselves I found myself really connecting to and the story was so well told that I flew through the pages. There are laugh-out-loud moments and moments where I was really feeling quite emotional! Overall, I really enjoyed another novel by Trisha Ashley and I would urge you to pick up her novels! Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have received honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment