Friday 9 February 2018

Reach for the Stars by Kathy Jay


Reach for the Stars
Kathy Jay
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (K £0.99 / P £7.99)

From heartbreak to the best mistake they'll ever make...

When Layla Rivers' boyfriend of 12 years skips out on their round-the-world trip of a lifetime - without her - she does what experience has taught her to do best, hide away in the cosy Cornish village she calls home. But any hopes of laying low soon disappear when Hollywood's hottest star & mutual acquaintance, the gorgeous Nick Wills, crash lands on her couch...naked!

For Nick, Cornwall is supposed to be an escape from both his problems and the limelight, yet as the stars align and disarming Layla bursts into his world, his life only gets more complicated.

Will Nick and Layla fight against the undeniable connection between them or, under the warmth of the Cornish sun, will they follow their hearts' desires?

-----------------------------------------------

I was really looking forward to reading this novel and for me, it did not disappoint. The cover drew me straight in once I saw the beautiful colours and silhouette characters. The cover doesn't give much away but I think that this is what draws you in and holds you there.

The story itself was just as endearing and I found myself really relating to main character Layla. I mean, who wouldn't lock themselves away at home after a painful breakup? I started to really feel for her with all she'd been through with her ex - her ex being someone that I truly started to detest! (I mean, how can you do that to someone?! Especially when you've been together for so long)! Nick, whom Layla meets in quite a fashion, came across as a genuinely lovely person and I really warmed to his character. Hoping that they both realised what the other was feeling and would finally put those emotions into play!

I thought the story had real emotion in it, whether that be making you laugh or whether it pulls at your heartstrings - you really become invested in these characters lives and relationships and for me that's really important when it comes to reading a book. I loved where the location was set. It was nice to see a book set in two places (Cornwall and Paris). I've always loved books set in Cornwall or other such places so was really enjoying reading this story. I think it's a lovely romantic and upbeat story which - in my opinion - is a lovely book to read in this dreary month of January! It was heartwarming, soppy in places and overall a lovely romance novel. Just what I like!

Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment