Tuesday 29 August 2017

Return to the Little French Guesthouse by Helen Pollard


Return to The Little French Guesthouse
Helen Pollard
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (K £0.99 / P £8.99)

Synopsis:

Blue skies, new love, and a glass of Bordeaux ... what could possibly go wrong?

When Emmy Jamieson leaves her life behind and moves to La Cour des Roses, a gorgeous guesthouse amidst vineyards in France, everything is resting on her success as the new guesthouse manager.

Looming in the calendar is the biggest booking ever, when the entire eccentric, demanding Thomson family will descend for a golden wedding anniversary. With airbeds on the floor and caravans in the garden, La Cour des Roses will be bursting at the seams.

Emmy knows she's up to the challenge, especially with the support of the gorgeous Alain, the half-French, half-English, caramel-eyed accountant. But she hadn't counted on a naked, sleepwalking travel blogger, or the return of owner Rupert's venomous ex-wife Gloria.

Gloria has a few things to say about Emmy's new role, Rupert's finances, and the unsuspecting Alain, which send everybody reeling. Just when Emmy can see a future for herself of endless sunshine, true love and laughter, are her dreams about to be ripped at the seams?

---------------------------------

Another great book to join the first La Cour des Roses series. It made me so happy to return to this story you have no idea! I absolutely loved the first and couldn't wait to read the second. The cover, once again, drew me in and I found that I couldn't say no (even though I have a ton on my TBR pile!).

The story follows Emmy after her very recent move to France and you find yourself reading about her settling in to her new role as guesthouse manager for La Cour des Roses. I was thrilled when old faces joined the story and couldn't wait to read more about Emmy's adventures into French everyday life.

I loved reading about the French markets, the cobbled streets of the town and the crisp and chilled wine. I will admit one thing, and it's that this series has made me long to go to France! I found that Emmy's relationship with Alain was lovely to read and it made me feel all warm inside when they finally came together! I loved all the characters and enjoyed reading about their lives as well as Emmy's.

There is some more drama in this book as well as the first, what with the gargantuan booking that Gloria simply forgot to tell them about, the return of said ex-wife Gloria and a huge bombshell that Gloria (can you see a pattern here?) dropped just before she left. The book leaves you hanging on to every chapter, dying to know what happens next.

Overall, a brilliant second part of the series. I've just finished the third and final instalment (boo!) and the review shall be up on my blog soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment