Monday 24 August 2020

Under a Siena Sun by T.A. Williams


Under a Siena Sun
T.A. Williams
Rating: 4 stars

Lucy needed a change of scene. She didn't expect the change of a lifetime.

Doctors Without Borders has been Lucy Young's life for the past four years. After being rescued from a conflict zone, she's making a change from saving lives under gunfire to practising medicine in safe, serene Siena.

Now treating wealthy patients at a private clinic, she's never felt less comfortable. She's used to helping those in dire need - not those in need of a nip and tuck. Her turmoil grows when she encounters injured tennis star David Lorenzo, whose smiles make Lucy forget her aversion to the rich.

She's soon falling for the sportsman but is she losing herself in this world of excess? All she's ever wanted was to help the underprivileged, so can her future lie in Siena at the clinic - with David?

This sunny romance is the perfect summer escape for fans of Lucy Coleman and Alex Brown.

--------------------------------------

I love a novel by T.A. Williams. I don't think I've yet to dislike any of his books, and this one is the same. I was so excited when I read that there'd be a new series, this one being the first in the Escape to Tuscany series. The cover is especially summery and looks so beautiful. I love the two coffee cups, bright blue sky and of course the gorgeous view of the town.

This novel started in a very different way to all of T.A. Williams' other books however. We are thrown in the deep end with Lucy as she escapes from a war torn country and to read it, it sounded extremely frightening. When she goes to Italy, it starts getting really interesting and at points I loved reading about the History of the country and separate towns, but as the story went on I got a little bored of reading about it so tended to skip the chapters that was describing the history. 

I did like the character of Lucy, she seemed a really lovely and kind person. She also seemed to have a lot of suitors! And at times, it was quite difficult to figure out just whom she was going to set her eyes on and settle down with. I enjoyed reading about her time in the clinic, but most of the time this novel is set in the town she lives in and in her new home. I also loved the involvement of certain black labradors! I don't think it would be a regular novel of the authors without these loveable dogs. 

Overall, it's an easy read. Not my favourite of T.A Williams as sometimes it could be a bit predictable but still enjoyable all the same. I look forward to reading more novels from this series in the future. Thank you to the publisher for a chance to read an advance copy of this novel via Netgalley, which I have reviewed honestly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment