Wednesday 15 July 2020

Sun, Sea and Sangria by Victoria Cooke


Sun, Sea and Sangria
Victoria Cooke
Rating: 4 stars

Kat swore off dating many years ago, after her marriage ended in a catastrophic mess. Having moved to the Canary Islands for a fresh start, she has never had much time for romance, channelling all her energy into managing an all-male dance troupe - the Heavenly Hunks.

With golden beaches, sparkling blue water and relaxing after work with a glass of sangria - or three - for Kat, it's summer all year round.

But despite life being postcard-perfect, Kat can't help but wonder if she is missing out on the most important thing of all . . . love.

The dancers are well known for their flirtatious antics and aren't looking for anything serious . . . except Jay.

Handsome, caring and a good listener, he ignites a fire in Kat's heart that scares her witless. But her relationship with Jay should stay strictly professional . . . right?

As the temperature rises, will Kat be able to take the plunge, let go of her past and find romance in paradise?

Fans of As Greek as It Gets, Sunrise Over Sapphire Bay, and My Greek Island Summer will love Victoria Cooke!

--------------------------------------

The cover and description of this book completely drew me in. I needed some sunshine and romance in my life and this fit the bill perfectly. I've enjoyed quite a few novels by Victoria Cooke before so I was eager to get stuck into this one by her, as it includes all the things I love most - Sunshine, romance and of course - COCKTAILS!

This book started off quite slowly I'll be honest. When the description said that it was all about golden beaches, cocktails galore etc and I was reading about dance routines in bars, I was a little bored and was hoping it would get going. Luckily, the more I read the more I started enjoying it. I liked Kat, she wasn't my most relatable character but she had been through a lot with a controlling ex-husband so I really felt for her and what she had been through.

What I didn't really understand at first was that when Jay came onto the scene, Kat started telling him all her woes when they'd only known each other a day or so, so that felt a bit rushed to me and the death of her school-friend kind of seemed a little irrelevant to the overall storyline (sorry I know that sounds harsh!). However, as I mentioned above the story soon got better and soon I was dying to know what was going to happen next! Whether Kat would get together with Alonso or whether she would get closer to Jay and if they won the competition!

It was an exciting novel in the end, and I did love the location as well as the overall storyline. The dancers all seemed really nice and had their own quirks and there are some laugh out loud moments that made me want to read on. Thank you to the publisher for a chance to read an advance copy of this novel via Netgalley, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment