Saturday 11 January 2020

Dreaming of Verona by T.A. Williams


Dreaming of Verona
T.A. Williams
Rating: 5 stars

Verona is the City of Love. But will Suzie find romance there or, like Romeo and Juliet, will it all end in tears?

When Suzie is hired to accompany spoiled, abrasive Lady Alexandra Tedburn on an all-expenses paid holiday to Italy, she fears the trip will be a disaster.

But she soon discovers there's more to Alex than shopping and tantrums, and she's determined to help her realise her potential - against Alex's authoritarian father's wishes.

As they settle in Verona, Suzie can't stop thinking about local artist Michael, who is still mourning the tragic death of his wife. With Suzie's future uncertain, and Michael's past holding him back, it seems there's no hope for romance in the city of star-crossed lovers... or is there?

A gorgeously uplifting and moving story, Dreaming of Verona is the perfect read for fans of Holly Martin, Tilly Tennant and Jenny Oliver.

--------------------------------------

I was beginning to wonder when T.A. Williams was going to release another novel, and as soon as I saw this cover I immediately dropped what I was going to read next and decided to read this next! I adore T.A. Williams' style of writing. It's elegant, uplifting and draws you in. I love how all of his novels are gorgeously classy and gives you an insight to how the other half live!

This one in particular I enjoyed more due to the main character, Suzie. Suzie is an ordinary gal just like you and me and I think that's why I found her so endearing! She sees things for what they are and seemed so down-to-earth. Alexandra on the other hand took a little longer for me to warm to! She seemed exceptionally spoilt and quite snobbish that at first I was hoping that Suzie would turn down Lord Tedburn's offer. However, as the book progressed, I found that Alexandra was not all she seemed at first and I started to like her character a bit more, as well as feel slightly sorry for her.

Another character whom I felt sorry for was dear Michael. He had been through so much that I felt he definitely deserved some happiness. And I really hoped that Suzie would be the one to cause that happiness. I adored the setting of this novel, it sounded so idyllic and I loved the way T.A. Williams' described the food they ate. My mouth was watering on more than one occasion!

Overall, this was another really amazingly written story by the talented T.A. Williams. It was engaging, heartwarming and I struggled to put it down. Thank you to the publisher for a chance to read an advance copy of this novel via Netgalley, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment