Monday 23 September 2019

Christmas in Chamonix by Sasha Wagstaff


Christmas in Chamonix
Sasha Wagstaff
Rating: 5 stars

When life goes downhill... head to the snow-capped Alps for roaring fires, apres-ski and festive romance.

Lily Jackson loves Christmas. She also loves her childhood friend Jamie, but when her plan to kick-start their romance goes drastically wrong and her job gets her down, Lily decides it's time to make changes. A job opens up in snowy Chamonix and egged on by her best friend Imogen, Lily decides to go for it.

As Lily settles in with the eccentric Devereux family at their gorgeous boutique ski hotel, she starts to confront her past. But when she meets handsome ski instructor Luc, who hates Christmas, Lily might have taken on more than she can handle.

Can Lily make a new life - with or without skis? And can she get Luc to see how truly romantic Christmas can be?

A heart-warming, feel-good romantic comedy, perfect for fans of Holly Martin, Carole Matthews and Tilly Tennant.

----------------------------------

I'd never read a novel by this author before but after finishing it I wondered how I hadn't! I loved Sasha Wagstaff's style of writing, it was easy to read and really enjoyable. It was the cover that made me really want to read this novel, I love the dark colours, the snowy mountains, ski hotel and the beautiful fairy lights along the top.

The setting sounded idyllic and it really made me want to go skiing! I'd never been before but it sounded like fun and the hotel setting was really nice. As well as loving the location, I also loved the characters. Imogen was a lot of fun and I was intrigued by Luc and wondered more than once what had made him hate Christmas like he does, and once I had found out, I loved him even more! One character I really disliked at first was Elodie, she seemed so full of herself and nasty but I felt there was a bit of a back story there and was interested in finding out what was her story.

I loved reading about Lily overcoming her fear of skiing, the location, the characters - honestly this book was really joyful and I couldn't wait to read it again once I'd put it down! Although, the book synopsis mentions that Lily gets tries to get Luc to love Christmas, there is only a little bit in the book that does this so was a little disappointed - Christmas isn't the biggest theme in the novel, to be honest I would have liked a bit more about Christmas, but it was still a great storyline and happy, enjoyable ending.

Overall, this was a fun and lighthearted Christmas novel that I loved. I'll definitely be looking for more books by this author in the future as I loved her style of writing and the storyline. Thank you to the publisher for an advance copy of this novel via Netgalley, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment