Tuesday 25 June 2019

One Summer in Santorini by Sandy Barker


One Summer in Santorini
Sandy Barker
Rating: 5 stars

There was something in the air that night . . . 

Sarah has had enough of men. It's time to rekindle her first true love - travel - so she books a sailing trip around the Greek islands with a group of strangers.

The very last thing Sarah wants is to meet someone new, but then a gorgeous American boards her yacht... And when she also encounters a handsome silver fox who promises her the world, she realises that trouble really does come in twos.

Will Sarah dive into a holiday fling or stick to her plan to steer clear of men, continue her love affair with feta and find her own way after all?

The perfect holiday read to escape with this summer, for fans of Annie Robertson's My Mamma Mia Summer and Mandy Baggot's One Last Greek Summer.

-----------------------------------

Oh, how I have been dying to read this novel!!! As soon as I saw this pop up on Netgalley, I immediately requested it. I adore the title of the novel and the cover is absolutely stunning. It's so summery and simply beautiful! I love the little houses in traditional Greek colours along the bottom, the sea in the background and the perfect ombre sky. I know this was the authors debut novel but I had high hopes and I wasn't disappointed!

At first, I was a bit unsure of the main character Sarah, she seemed a bit full of herself and a bit moany but seemed to change dramatically once we got into the story and she got onto the yacht. I then started to love her character and found her hysterical in some parts with what she came out with. I also found it so interesting and loved reading about the other characters who were also on the yacht.  It's funny how you can immediately warm to some people, and others you're unsure of (Josh and Patricia!).

This novel was just as I expected however, the stunning surroundings of all of the Greek islands sounded idyllic and I just wish that it was me who was on the yacht! Some of the places which Sarah visited sounded beautiful and everywhere was so well described that I could clearly picture in my head where they were. Another thing that I adored was the descriptions of food! Warning: Probably not best to read this novel if you are hungry! I longed to eat a Greek salad or try some of the other local delicacies! It was a perfect summer novel and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

As well as main character Sarah, I loved reading about the other secondary characters and particularly warmed to Marie and Gary as well as Josh and I was so interested to read about where Josh and Sarah's relationship was headed as from the start Sarah was adamant that she didn't want any kind of relationship! But I have to say the thing I loved the most was the locations, it just seemed like Sandy Barker really knew what she was talking about and the descriptions just made me fall in love! It was obviously researched really well and because of that it made the novel really fantastic. Overall, an amazing first novel I've read by this author - I can't wait to read more by Sandy Barker in future! Thank you to the publisher for a chance to read this novel via Netgalley, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment