Tuesday 1 May 2018

Publication Day Review: Desperately Seeking by Mandy Baggot


Desperately Seeking
Mandy Baggot
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK (K £1.99 | P £6.99)

Escape to Greece with the perfect feel-good romantic comedy to read on the beach this summer

Abby Dolan is having a very bad day...

In twenty-four hours, she's lost her job and her boyfriend. Single and with nothing left to lose, she's headed for a Corfu escape to spend time with her family while she heals her broken heart.

Only her mum and sister's estate agency 'Desperately Seeking' is just that, desperate! Instead of the relaxing, sunshine holiday she'd hoped for, Abby finds herself spending her break helping get the business back on its feet. Determined to attract new clients and give her family a second chance at success, she finds the perfect property to sell in Villa Pappas complete with gorgeous gardener, Theo.

Perhaps working this summer could be a welcome distraction after all. But Theo has his own secrets and Abby isn't the only thing he wants to take off the market...

------------------------------------------

Oh, how amazing it was to be reading another brilliant novel by Mandy Baggot. I have been waiting for what feels like ages to release a new summer novel and this one did not let me down. I absolutely loved it and couldn't give this any less than the full 5 stars. The cover just invites you to be a part of the story along with main character Abby and I love it. The pristine white buildings with their bright blue domed roofs, the golden sand and the shimmering blue sea make for an absolutely beautiful cover.

This is the most perfect summer novel I have ever read. Ever! The descriptions of the delicious sounding Greek food had my mouth watering, and I found myself daydreaming about being in Corfu, lounging by the glimmering waves! Oh, how I was so sad when this ended. This is the best novel I would recommend if you're looking for something to read to take on holiday, or even to get you in the mood for summer. It has drama, it has romance, it has humour - it literally has it all. It's the ideal summer escape novel.

So the novel follows main character Abby who goes to Corfu to escape from her non-existent love life and lack of job in order to spend some more time with her family and just relax. However, once Abby arrives she realises she can do everything but relax on this holiday. Her mother and sister's estate agency 'Desperately Seeking' has gone downhill, they've tried to revive it by using a little bit too much of eye-catching-and-eye-watering pink but it seems that the village isn't very happy about this new colour...

Abby isn't the only one escaping to Corfu this summer, Theo is doing the same. He's taking a break from his father's business and to say that Theo was a closed book at the start would be an understatement. Theo tells Abby that he is a gardener and bartender, rather than tell her the truth about his background. However, as with every other Mandy Baggot novel that I've read, we get to read from Theo's point of view as well, so it's great to learn more about him and from doing this we get to see why Theo acts the way he does and it really does make you relate more to him.

It was just a perfect novel for a perfect summers day. I'm so glad I got the opportunity to read this, as once again it's been added to my favourites. I adore Mandy's style of writing and once again I got transported to the location of the novel, as though I was there right beside the other characters. I can't recommend Mandy's novels enough. Thank you to the publishers for a chance to read this novel via Netgalley, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment