Friday 14 July 2017

Ella's Ice-Cream Summer by Sue Watson


Ella's Ice Cream Summer
Sue Watson
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK (K £1.99 / P £9.99)

Synopsis:

Ella’s life just hit rock-bottom, but can a summer by the sea mend her broken heart? When life gives you lemons… make ice-cream! 



Life hasn’t always been easy for single mum Ella, but she has just hit an all-time low; she’s jobless, loveless, very nearly homeless and, to make matters worse, now the owner of a pocket-sized pooch with a better wardrobe than her. 



Packing her bags (and a bigger one for the dog), Ella sets off for the seaside town of Appledore in Devon to re-live the magical summers of her youth and claim her portion of the family ice-cream business: a clapped-out ice-cream van and a complicated mess of secrets. 



There she meets gorgeous and free-spirited solicitor, Ben, who sees things differently: with a little bit of TLC he has a plan to get the van – and Ella – back up and running in no time. 


-----------------

Wow, I absolutely LOVED this book! I was gripped to this story from the start and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole story and was sad when it ended so cannot wait for The Ice-Cream Cafe part 2! The cover is absolutely beautiful and so so summery. I love the bunting along the top, the colours, the beach in the background - it all just looks so pretty and inviting!

The story follows Ella on her journey to finding a life for herself after having some setbacks recently. Her children have left home to go on their own travels and she has issues with her house so decides to spend a summer in the cute little town of Appledore in Devon. I mean, Appledore really does sound like the cutest and loveliest little town and this book has made me want to visit it! However, when she moves to Appledore for the summer, she soon finds that not everything as it seems (which is the part where I literally cannot put this book down!).

If you love Summery books, you would love this. Sue includes the right amount of humour and romance to make it the perfect Chick Lit book. There was a little bit of mystery surrounding Ella's family, and if I'm honest, I kind of had an idea as to what it was about half way through the book - to which I was proven right by the end. But I still absolutely loved this book and it is definitely one of my favourites!

I would definitely 100% recommend this book to everyone, the descriptions of the ice-creams and location is beautiful and it made my mouth water for some of the ice-creams that were described! If I could give this book more than 5 stars then I would. Brilliant!

Thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment